Following are the key points for your Chinese SEO jobs.
Search engines prefer localisation. In order to do well in Chinese markets you need to analyse your local competition in PR. China or Chinese Speaking districts like HK, Taiwan, or Singapore.
Some search engines prefer that sites are hosted locally, so a region-specific domain names like .cn, .hk, .tw, .sg may affect the result.
2. Don’t just translate – Think like a Chinese.
e keyword research solely on Chinese translations - neither for PPC nor SEO. Identify Chinese terms with most searches.
3. Simplified or Traditional?
This is the common mistake many newbies will confront with.
check this out: Differences Between Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese
4. Go Socialize.
Social Media can be a great marketing tool, it’s also true in China.
in China，Weibo and QQ.com are by far the most popular social networking sites.
To maximise the effects of social media marketing, make sure that your social media strategy is specifically tailored to the region and market you are targeting.
There are more and more official business accounts opened in Weibo.com, while international tycoons are starting to use it too.
Your early involvement will help you take a good advantage.
4. Local Search Engine
Baidu is the largest Chinese search engine, with about 83% market share, while Google has only about 11%. So, that’s why you should rank on Baidu if you want to be in the Chinese market. Actually working on your chinese seo is often working your baidu seo.
• Don’t talk about sex or you’ll be out
• Don’t attack the Chinese government
• Use Chinese in your website (but don’t mix several languages on the same page – that’s a general statement, not only for chinese)
• Use a .cn / .org.cn / or .com.cn domain name.
• Host your website in china. Baidu prefers Chinese IP’s.
• Have a lot of links. Baidu prefers quantity to quality. high pagerank links won’t help. Just have thousands of backlinks.
• Refresh often. This advice applies to google too. But it seems baidu loves fresh content even more.
• Don’t use ISO-8885-1 coding in your pages but UTF-8 or GB2312 (well, UTF-8 is better because it suits any language around the globe)
Let me know your thoughts.
Baidu (NASDAQ:BIDU) released its brandnew online translation service (BAIDU FANYI) http://fanyi.baidu.com/on ...
China is one of the world's fastest-growing economies and attracts ...
They had almost NO DIFFERENCE except for the writing method ...
Ask for a Quote
- No public Twitter messages.
Tag CloudBaidu Brand Check China China market Chinese Chinese Brand Name Chinese Copywriting Chinese Food Chinese Interpreter Chinese language Chinese localization Chinese Marketing Chinese Menu Chinese Restaurant Chinese Translation Chinese Website Localization Chinese Website Translation difficult EN-15038 facebook Free Chinese Translation Google Translate Hongkong Learn machine translation Mandarin Chinese Mongolia Mongolian Mongolian English Translation Native Speaker Ogilvy & Mather Online Translation proofreading QQ SEO Simplified Chinese Sweden Tibet Tibetan Tibetan Translation tips Traditional Chinese twitter Weibo Weibo Application